Sunday, April 23, 2006

Manzanita Weekend



Took myself down to Manzanita, Oregon for my birthday weekend. My furry campanion, Cassie, and I stayed at my brother's and girlfriend's place they recently bought. My family and I have been going down to Manzanita for years. It's amazing now that one of us has put down some roots there, at least in the form of a incredible house and a nice mortgage.

My brother, Cassie and I hiked Neah-Kah-Nie mountian on Saturday, which, at around 1,600 ft. poduced a spectacular view south, featuring Manzanita beach and the big, blue Pacific. We then hiked down on the west side, which reminded me of the dramatic sea and mountain landscape of Hawaii.





We descended until we crossed the highway and picked up the trail on the other side and took it down to Short Sands Beach where, in any season, you'll find surfer dudes and dudettes. A seriously young and hearty bunch to brave NW waters for a short ride.